On the balance between guilds and characters

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

mazarmormuk
Veteran

Re: On the balance between guilds and characters

#21 Post by mazarmormuk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:01 pm

hmm, i wonder where you find that passiveness of asral clerics.

We are currently about 2,5 players more or less awake, and i think we keep up quite some troubles/discussions/battles in forostar, and did so for (is it years already?) quite a time since the first asralite did turn back home to arborea and the first sathonite was invited to come in.
We could surely also have decided to fit into the goodies world, adjust arborea to elvandar and show more War-Warrior-Activity in beeing one more char against Asador.
Finally, as seen lately, we could not even manage to beat up 2 goodie characters, i wonder what War-Warrior-Activity you expect from us going against elvandar _and_ asador by weapon?

Lemme know if you think different

Delmon
Champion

#22 Post by Delmon » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 pm

The goals should allow one person to use NPCs to force stronger players to hurt, particularly guilds like crusaders, asrals, sathos, and taniels, and rangers.

if there were some triggers to send very strong npcs to attack the guilds halls (or even cities), then it could give weaker characters a chance to make a difference. These would not be available for core guild characters.

Numbers in this game win battles.

fernao
Champion

#23 Post by fernao » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:22 am

Delmon wrote:The goals should allow one person to use NPCs to force stronger players to hurt, particularly guilds like crusaders, asrals, sathos, and taniels, and rangers.

if there were some triggers to send very strong npcs to attack the guilds halls (or even cities), then it could give weaker characters a chance to make a difference. These would not be available for core guild characters.

Numbers in this game win battles.
I would be totally against that. I bet there would be abuse. There is too much meta-gaming going on with alts and "friends" that would turn such an option into total overkill.
Life is but a butterflies dream