General praise for Geas's admins

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Ioca
Professional

General praise for Geas's admins

#1 Post by Ioca » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Hey!

I think Geas's admins and coders are just amazing. Every single report I've written gets looked into and I just get this overwhelming sense that the people running the game actually -really- care about it being the best it can be for the players - even newer ones like me. ^^

Although I haven't played there in roughly a year now, my history is with a less-high-quality mud where the people who could make a difference just -really- didn't care what the players thought. Typos never got addressed or anything. It's a whole different experience here on Geas for me and I mean, even if it -is- simple stuff like typos here and there, I'm just impressed that stuff gets fixed and cared about! It makes the game even better, and I thought they should at least know how much I appreciate them doing that stuff here! <3

Allalltar
Master

Re: General praise for Geas's admins

#2 Post by Allalltar » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:31 am

Hello,

Thanks for your high praise of our work. We do what we can to keep the game running and add new features. Sadly we don't exactly amount to a lot of people and in some cases, such as myself, my coding time is extremely limited. So, if something doesn't get looked at or doesn't garner the response you might hope, doesn't mean we don't care, just probably means we have our hands full with other things.

Enjoy the game! :)

ila
Master

#3 Post by ila » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm aware the work is 100% volunteer by people with real jobs and lives outside of Geas, so what you guys manage to do is sincerely amazing.

Thanks for everything. <3

Laewyloth
Journeyman

#4 Post by Laewyloth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:51 pm

I also agree!

Ioca and I both came from another Mud that had been around for decades, and just -seeing- that, even given its age, Geas's wizards *still* make efforts to fix things and engage with players is just really pleasant!

So, thank you. For fixing typos, looking into tiny issues, and all the other things we've reported so far! Even if you *can't* fix them all, it's great to know you at least care! ^^

Valmorian
Experienced

#5 Post by Valmorian » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:13 am

I agree with what's been said here, I found this mud in august of 2016 and it quickly became my favorite mud and the report system that let's you know when your stuff is actually looked at, is a great thing for me, I hope you continue to have as much fun making it, as we all do playing it! Thanks a bunch

Israfel
Veteran

#6 Post by Israfel » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:32 am

Quick shoutout to our wizards for all their awesome work. We're lucky to have you.

And a particular mention on those responsible for the recent demon invasion community event. Stuff like that takes serious time and effort for planning and organising. You did a great job making it exciting, surprising, and managed to include a lot of players new/old and from a variety of timezones in the mix. I got a ton of excellent character story development out of it. I know others did too. Thanks for going the extra mile.