Hiatus

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Allalltar
Master

Hiatus

#1 Post by Allalltar » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:21 am

Yeah, it's about time again. I promised myself when I came back, if this game is going to cause me lack of sleep again, I'll do the responsible thing and shut it down. It so did and thus am again done with it.

I can accept a lot of things and I consider myself generally a friendly and approachable person, but some people always have to stretch it to its limits and beyond. Their sanctity and believes in a game where you play with other people is so important to them that they scheme and ploy and use ooc plots and tactics, doing everything they can to achieve their goal and "win". Why? I don't have the faintest idea. I don't have the energy to deal with people who behave like petulant five year olds on a hysterics fit because they got their cookie stolen. I tried to be nice about this before, tried to be diplomatic, tried to make general appeals at you all. As usually its either ignored or even openly opposed.

To that I can say, congratulations. You won. I'm going on Hiatus. Hope you're happy and your inner five year old can hop up and down in joy for having achieved a pointless victory. But once that victory rush is done, ask yourself: Is there really a point to behaving towards other people like you're back in your first year of school? Or can't you lot just be adults and treat each other like you would treat friends or at least how you would treat a stranger on the street? A bit of respect, a bit of tempered response?

But then, what do I know, maybe you are in a habit of jumping at strangers throats for not adhering to your view of reality.

I no longer care. You can find someone else to deal with all your messes.

I hope sincerely you'll all pass through this pandemic unscathed and that you may find happiness in your life. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself and those around you.

Please do not bother to contact me through geas or the forums, I will not reply. If you do happen to have my discord handle, you're still welcome to talk to me, but my interest in geas related topic is on an all time low.

Take care, am out.

Allalltar

Ioca
Professional

Re: Hiatus

#2 Post by Ioca » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:51 pm

Hard to put my feelings into words but I keep coming back and re-reading this and am just extremely sad. You and Ghalt are two of my favorite people. You are what makes Geas fun. Now Geas is a little less fun. I hope you come back. I hope things get better. Know you won't read this, but felt I should post anyway.