Setting stats

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Zyphyra

Setting stats

#1 Post by Zyphyra » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:33 pm

I know that stats can be changed at any time, and there are also probably many differing opinions on this question, but some basic information would be helpful.

I was wondering if someone could give basic suggestions on setting stats for melee guilds here.
Not that I am ready to join a guild, but I would like to at least have set set stats that I could work towards a guild in the future.

Can I assume that for monks, them if anything like television, are all unarmed? So, would you then max out your AGI stat and divide out the rest of the remaining statpoints?

For any cleric guild, I am assuming that you would need mana/wisdom points, then divide out the rest after maxing out those two stats?

As for crusaders, I am not sure if they have abilities that require wisdom or not.
I know some muds they are sometimes a melee/casting guild combo.
I am not sure how their played on Geas.

Anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

ceinna
Veteran

Re: Setting stats

#2 Post by ceinna » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:26 pm

Monks are agility based and strength based depending on how you play. They are primarily unarmed, but do use weapons as well.

Clerics will depend on which clergy. Your miracles are based in wisdom and intelligence. But the clerics also all use weapons, and possibly shields.

Crusaders are primarily strength and con based (I think). I could be wrong. They have invocations, but Im not sure what they are based in to be honest.

Rangers are dexterity and agility.

However! This part is important. Only if you want to play a min/max character are these even important. Some of the best people I know in each of these guilds are not made stat wise to be "the best". Being an RP mud, the stats are secondary unless you want to focus on the min/max thing.

Arsicas
Master

Re: Setting stats

#3 Post by Arsicas » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:33 pm

People do indeed have quite a lot of varied opinions, hehe. Melee fighters will generally want to focus on str, agi, con, and dis. Light fighters like monks and elves may want to focus more on agi, but str is also important in keeping your encumbrance low, which directly affects the deflect skill. Heavy fighters like tshaharks and dwarves may want more str for high-damage hits, but agi will also affect your overall ability to hit and avoid being hit. Con and dis are both good for keeping you alive. And dex mostly helps crafting, missile, and thief skills.

For clerics, it seems a lot of people go for being a fighter/caster combo. High int and wis will affect the strength of your miracles though. Asrals seem to be more frontline fighter types, Sathonites could go either more fighter or more caster, and Taniels seem to be more support.

Crusaders do have invocations, but I’m not sure if wisdom affects that. They are your typical knight and medium/heavy fighters.

Also, your stats will increase based on what skills you use, and the stat prefs mostly come into play by distributing quest and combat exp.
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.