Character wallpaper

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Malleus
Experienced

Re: Character wallpaper

#21 Post by Malleus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Malleus is very upset Selaina isn't putting Malleus is wallpaper thingy. Malleus gave you sole rights to hug Malleus tail, and this is what Malleus gets....guess Malleus will just have to....bash Selaina's head in....*nods thought* yes that is what Malleus will do. :twisted:

Avisa
Journeyman

#22 Post by Avisa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Wow, this is amazing. How cool!! It looks awesome! Great job and idea!

Avisa's a human and (usually) has long black hair and almond-shaped hazel eyes. She generally wields a dagger and a rapier. She's often found clad strictly in full red leather (I think the description is like thigh-high boots with a leather mail and gauntlets) with a black robe or cloak of some sort. She usually doesn't wear a helmet, save for a mask occasionally. Oh, she does have a scar on the right side of her face, though.

Skeltim
Apprentice

#23 Post by Skeltim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Eh.

Let's seeeeeee...

Disproportionally long arms.
Long hair, perhaps reaching down beneath the shoulder blades.
Somewhat less than three feet tall-ish.
Moonlight-pale skin, dark-silvery lips.
Eyes and hair silvery, brighter than the lips.
(*doesn't know if colours are relevant or not, includes anyway*)
Pigtails.
Scars. Scars on the nose, scars on the forehead...
Slim. Not unhealthily slim anymore, but quite slim indeed.

As for clothing, a darkish reddish gown going from neck to the ground.
Leather gauntlets.
A quiver... With two arrows for the picture. Seldom full :P

Skeltima constantly grins slightly.
As for weapons; a bow a feet larger than Skeltima... With some elven embroidery on it: silver lines 'n dots 'n somesuch.

*crosses fingers in hope of having included most everything neccessary*

Desiderea
Master

#24 Post by Desiderea » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Wait, who is Mooey?

Selaina
Professional

#25 Post by Selaina » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Desiderea wrote:Wait, who is Mooey?
Dreadmaster Mooey apparently. That's the only name I know him by :P *grins*

To Malleus. I'm sorry!! I can't draw thasharks! >< Namely cause I can't even imagine them! >< I could put random thashark tails in places though..... *scratches head* If you can find me a picture of a thashark that's not ugly, I'll try to put it in *nodnod*

To Avisa. Um... I was going to have your character naked and just clad in snakes since Tanny calls you snake and I thought that would be a cool evil image >.> Would you prefer not to be naked and clad in snakes?

To Arwenth : Well he does have a pretty mohawk :D And I did consider drawing him cause of it :P
Cruelty has a human heart,
And Jealousy a human face;
Terror the human form divine,
And Secrecy the human dress.

Avisa
Journeyman

#26 Post by Avisa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey wait. I thought I was always good and not evil at all. Tanriel is just crazy.

Zehren
Overlord

#27 Post by Zehren » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Avisa wrote:Hey wait. I thought I was always good and not evil at all. Tanriel is just crazy.
I myself see nothing morally wrong with eating people; I mean, they are made of meat for a reason, right?

Just hunt them like other animals :twisted: Take special care of the heart, eating it makes you absorb the strength of the animal...
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Selaina
Professional

#28 Post by Selaina » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Well I've been taught all the order people are evil! Plus drawing a clothing set made up of snakes will probably be great fun! If you don't want it I suppose i can give you boring robes and stuff...

Avisa
Journeyman

#29 Post by Avisa » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Snakes are fine.

And Avisa doesn't eat people, silly rumor laden player.

Zehren
Overlord

#30 Post by Zehren » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Avisa wrote:Snakes are fine.

And Avisa doesn't eat people, silly rumor laden player.
I haven't said she does. :shock:
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

lanyara
Overlord

#31 Post by lanyara » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 pm

In the name of all halflings I would like to say that there should be more halflings ... especially the hornet.
Best race: halflings.

Selaina
Professional

#32 Post by Selaina » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:46 pm

lanyara wrote:In the name of all halflings I would like to say that there should be more halflings ... especially the hornet.
I've never even met the hornet! I can't draw something I don't know about! On that note there isn't any dwarves...

Olrane
Champion

#33 Post by Olrane » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:37 am

Selaina wrote:
lanyara wrote:In the name of all halflings I would like to say that there should be more halflings ... especially the hornet.
I've never even met the hornet! I can't draw something I don't know about! On that note there isn't any dwarves...
Teek! He's not too extraordinary looking; if you were to base him off D&D character types, he's more gnome than halfling.
He's got a full beard and moustache of red hair, wears leathers and ideally should be pictured wielding a cocked crossbow.
While not necessary, you get extra points if you picture him with Borric, who is a big and fat white guy with blond hair, blue eyes, and an obnoxiously large nose. He's clad in plate mail and has a round, iron-plated wooden shield.
Both wear a cocky grin.

Avisa
Journeyman

#34 Post by Avisa » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm

Blizt

Selaina
Professional

#35 Post by Selaina » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Avisa wrote:Blizt
Who, what, where is this blizt thing!

Avisa
Journeyman

#36 Post by Avisa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:28 am

Blizt is a dwarf!

Selaina
Professional

#37 Post by Selaina » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:18 am

So I was kindof playing with Avisa... and I realized my idea of snakes might've been too >.> Riske.

So I did random other ones...

Ending up at....

Tell me if you want something different! Or to have it more riske or showy or different or whatever *Grins* I like designing girl clothes. Guys >.> Yeah sorry no choices for you people.

Avisa
Journeyman

#38 Post by Avisa » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:07 pm

To be honest, Avisa's never really been exceptionally girly or riske. That's just sorta of her style. She's feminine, but practical.

But... you're an amazing artist. And I love your work. You're definitely just awesome. So.. you can do whatever you want. :)

lanyara
Overlord

#39 Post by lanyara » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 am

Have you been drawing in a school?

The way you "create" the images in a step by step fashion reminds me of a good friend of mine who studied industrial design. He is an exceptional drawer and I didn't understand how he was able to do so for a long time until I looked into a book showcasing how to properly do sketches in a step by step way, or detailing about proportions of human beings (hand / arms / heads / torso proportions). The latter one reminds me how you go about doing this wallpaper - first the head and other outlines, then lateron filling with details. :)

I myself can't draw anything really. I almost failed in school due to descriptive geometry - for some reason there were always some millimetres missing at the final points ...
Best race: halflings.

Selaina
Professional

#40 Post by Selaina » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 am

lanyara wrote:Have you been drawing in a school?

The way you "create" the images in a step by step fashion reminds me of a good friend of mine who studied industrial design. He is an exceptional drawer and I didn't understand how he was able to do so for a long time until I looked into a book showcasing how to properly do sketches in a step by step way, or detailing about proportions of human beings (hand / arms / heads / torso proportions). The latter one reminds me how you go about doing this wallpaper - first the head and other outlines, then lateron filling with details. :)

I myself can't draw anything really. I almost failed in school due to descriptive geometry - for some reason there were always some millimetres missing at the final points ...
Nah I never really did much drawing in school unless you counted art where my teacher thought the epitome of art was to stare at someone's face, not looking at your paper and draw their face using one continous line. I just ...drew alot while bored in english class *Cackle* My drawing porportions arn't really realistic though, they're much more animeish so about 7 heads in a person.

As for the outlines and heads and stuff..generally it's best to get proportions right first :P Then worry about other stuff, no matter how pretty your other stuff are if your proportions suck then your drawing will suck!