Away.

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Abharsair
Site Admin

Away.

#1 Post by Abharsair » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:38 pm

Just wanted to say I"m currently away on vacation in Maryland, so don"t be surprised if I show up only rarely in Geas, or don"t reply to mails before the 9th of October.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

valder
Professional

#2 Post by valder » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:36 pm

Only someone from Regensburg, Germany would even think to go on vacation in Maryland.

Have fun. Say hi to the crabs for me.
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

hsparks
Journeyman

#3 Post by hsparks » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Hopefully you'll stay true to your word and not come to my house. I still cringe in terror whenever someone knocks on the door.
"If there truly is an evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind."

Kortha
Master

#4 Post by Kortha » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:57 pm

*hopes fervently that abh never visits Kansas*
*cringes in terror* :P
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

anglachel
Site Admin

#5 Post by anglachel » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:27 pm

Good idea. :lol: Make a little roundtrip through the USA and visit all the players on the way. :twisted:

hsparks
Journeyman

#6 Post by hsparks » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Hehe... well considering he got married 15 minutes from my house it didn't take him long to figure out my address. So I have this new can of anti-wizard spray.

I'll be ready.
"If there truly is an evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind."

valder
Professional

#7 Post by valder » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Lucky for me, there are only two more repellant places in the U.S. than Maryland: New Jersey, and Kentucky. And I'm in Kentucky!

No wiz visits for me!

Hey HSparks - ever go jousting? It's your state sport, y'know. To go along with that snappy, checkered flag. ;)
Naarvedi Tramp

hsparks
Journeyman

#8 Post by hsparks » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:12 pm

Holy crap it is? No one ever tells me this stuff.

No I've never been jousting... that would be fun though. Hmmm... how did no one ever tell us this crap back in school? This is fundemental knowledge everyone must know...

Unless they told me and I just forgot it. ;)

Naga
Hero

#9 Post by Naga » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:26 pm

I've been to rural Kentucky and found it to be the warmest and most welcoming place I've ever visited. The leisurely pace of life and genuine hospitality was a drastic change from the uptight haste and impersonal coldness of my native Michigan. Granted, just about every structure was dilapidated and featured at least three Confederate flags hanging from various places, but where else can you eat fried catfish at a restaurant called "Pig's Diner" in a town actually named Pig? Or where else can you buy brass knuckles sold under the name of "paper weights" at a gift shop?

Here's a picture from my vacation in rural Kentucky. It was in the middle of Amish country in the southwest of the state that I came upon these two freshly-severed boars' heads, perched menacingly upon a farm's old wooden fence overlooking the road (on which I encountered a number of horse-drawn wagons).

valder
Professional

#10 Post by valder » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:11 am

Yep, nothing says warm and welcoming like animal heads on a post! :)

I live in Lexington, right in the middle of the state. It's the second most civilized outpost of humanity, after Louisville. Our fences feature very little decapitation of any sort.

Here's a quick lesson on how to sound like you're from Kentucky, and not sound like a tourist:

Never say:
Loo-EE-ville or Lewis-ville

Kentuckians all, and I mean ALL, say it:
Loo-UH-vull.

And just so Sparky knows I ain't lying: Jousting, Maryland State Sport
Naarvedi Tramp

Kortha
Master

#11 Post by Kortha » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:37 am

Heh, all I can remember about Kentucky is mud. :P Of course, it didn't help that I was in a semi illegaly while lost in some rinkydink town (you KNOW it's small if *I* call it rinkydink :P) where the roads weren't big enough for semis to be legal on them, and we were hoping fervently that we could figure out where we were supposed to be going before some cop found us. :P

And you know...I don't even know what MY state sport is. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a state sport. I'm surprised there's not such a thing as state toilet paper. :P
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#12 Post by Abharsair » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:02 am

For whatever reason your comments made me want to visit Kentucky. I mean, it can't be worse than the Apalachians in West Virginia, and I've been there.

Considering Maryland, well, the Beltway around DC in rush hour is sure fun, and the humidity gives one a caribbean feel - alas without the beaches, good food and pretty women.

Oh, and Sparky, you better be careful, or else I'll drop off a bag with dog-poo on your porch after all.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

hsparks
Journeyman

#13 Post by hsparks » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:16 pm

Careful of what? Poking you the wrong way? What way DO you like to be poked? I mean... I can poke you if you want...

:?

Didn't think so... Anyways... This really isn't a carribean time. And I wish it would hurry up and rain. The pressure in the atmosphere needs to be released.

stilgar
Champion

#14 Post by stilgar » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:13 am

Hmm.. Abha goes to the U.S.? Is there anything worth bombing left there?

:twisted:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

hsparks
Journeyman

#15 Post by hsparks » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:49 pm

stilgar wrote:Hmm.. Abha goes to the U.S.? Is there anything worth bombing left there?

:twisted:

Huh? That doesn't even make sense.

tessa
Overlord

#16 Post by tessa » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:12 pm

It was a joke, and I don't think it was funny at all.

jezz
Hero

#17 Post by jezz » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:48 am

No, it didn't make sense and it wasn't funny because:

"Bush couldn't say there are massive nuclear weapons hidden in US, when US is his own country and OBVIOUSLY has massive destruction weapons..."

I say the only thing that needs to be bombed in US is Bush and his "rancho" in Texas. Or wait, bombing would be too fast.... Surely Naga has better ideas about a "sacred war against family Bush", for the sake of world's peace and mental sanity.

valder
Professional

#18 Post by valder » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:27 am

I think it may have been a reference to our recent bombless destruction in the Gulf Coast.

Q: Is there anything worth bombing left there?

A: Why bother! Let the hurricanes do the work for you.

:(
Naarvedi Tramp

tessa
Overlord

#19 Post by tessa » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:27 pm

Either way, it wasn't funny.

hsparks
Journeyman

#20 Post by hsparks » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:21 pm

I agree.

For one thing, Brand is a paramedic/firefighter/guy who lives in Texas, so he's had his hands full. And to tell everyone the truth... the hurricane thing really isn't too funny. Just like no one laughed about the tidal wave.

But we should probably get off the subject since it kind of went offtrack from the main point of this thread. Which was, why Abharsair should give Sparky 500 dollars cash. Instead of a bag of dog poop on his porch.