Linux MUD Clients

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

tannorath
Experienced

Linux MUD Clients

#1 Post by tannorath » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 am

Whis is in your opinion the best MUD Client for Linux? I am currently using Kmuddy (http://www.kmuddy.net). Anybody else out there is using it ?

jash
Beginner

mud clients

#2 Post by jash » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:24 pm

Mainly I use lyntin http://lyntin.sourceforge.net/ because it is witten in python so I can use it on any platform, and if there are any issues I can debug it. Also it has a choice of console or gui interface. Since I have started using this client I have not been tempted to use another.
I have used kmud and I liked that but on my system it is a little buggy. Also, it has an automapper which I can't resist using but it makes the MUD seem small.
tf works on any linux I have tried and is a great light little client.
A while ago I tried to get kmuddy to work on my current favourite setup (SUSE 9.3) but it didn't work straight out of the rpm and as I was already fine with lyntin I never bothered figuring out what the problem was.
gmudix is a great little simple GTK+2.0 client for linux. Solid and light.
Ummmmmm...
:D
J.

korsario
Experienced

#3 Post by korsario » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:17 am

Hello!
I've been using tinyfugue for years... and its pretty good, after you get used to it, even when I'm bit lazy for programming it lots, I know of people that has cool things on it. The best its that if you have a server where have it installed you can play from any place with your profile with just a telnet/ssh.
I even use it in windows right now and works nice, and I used it on Mac too.

Kors.

tarlon
Veteran

#4 Post by tarlon » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:56 pm

If you use linux than you should try tinyfugue It is fairly cool.
Tarlon