Heavy armoured tips/tricks

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Xog
Apprentice

Heavy armoured tips/tricks

#1 Post by Xog » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 pm

So, I was wondering if a more experienced heavy armoured warrior could share some tips or tricks to make themselves a better warrior?
Example, maybe share some stat prefs, do you lug around a backpack etc?
If you have a backpack, do you have a pack mule?
Do you have belts to hold weapons even though they add additional weight etc?
Being heavy armoured, how important is discipline etc?
Any ideas would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Ash
Beginner

Re: Heavy armoured tips/tricks

#2 Post by Ash » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:41 pm

There's not too much to say. Wearing heavy armour is going to slow you down a LOT. It's going to make you overall worse at fighting/parrying/etc. but you'll be able to take more damage when you DO get hit. I would try to stay as light as possible, but I wear belts and a backpack anyways because I like to stay organized and I like the flavor of it. Some enemies will have trouble penetrating your heavy armour, but you'll take forever to kill some enemies as well. Bigger enemies like giants such will pretty much not care much about someone in platemail and keep hitting you hard regardless. If you team up with a light fighter, they're going to love you because that means they can fight aggressively while you take all the hits.

Xog
Apprentice

#3 Post by Xog » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:48 pm

One more question...
Currently I am wearing heavy helmet, plate shield and tail protection.
I have medium chain gauntlets/leggings/boots and chainmail.
My medium armours are climbing up fast.
I am told that wearing more armours means your training it faster.
So, if I changed out one of my medium armours, for heavy, would my heavy start to train faster?

Ash
Beginner

#4 Post by Ash » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:30 pm

I have no idea. I wore full heavy and a mix and I never noticed a difference. Heavy armour just goes up WAY slower than the other armour skills.

Aslak
Master

#5 Post by Aslak » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:47 pm

Yes, as long as your heavy armours encumber you according to armour stats, you will get improves.
Sadly, heavy armours are WAAAAY slower to improve.
As they are basic combat skills, maybe the improve rate could be matched to light/medium...hint hint to wizards!

Israfel
Veteran

#6 Post by Israfel » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:11 am

Aslak wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:47 pm Yes, as long as your heavy armours encumber you according to armour stats, you will get improves.
As poAslak says, if you type 'armourstats' you'll receive a description of whether your armour encumbers you. Armour skills help you be less encumbered by them, so seeing this message is a reasonable sign that the conditions are right for the skill to improve.
Xog wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:48 pm Currently I am wearing heavy helmet, plate shield and tail protection.
Looks fine to me. Don't expect any of the armour skills to increase fast. Heavy armour is a slow skill to train but then again you don't need to do anything to train it except fight stuff and have patience. On another positive note, heavy armour now offers significantly more protection after a recent update so the process of training it can be literally quite painless.