I hate Crusaders and how overpowered they are.

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Alamar
Master

#21 Post by Alamar » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:27 pm

Point taken Tatiana, I think what I was doing was trying to make my vision of Alamar fit into his role as a ranger. That shouldn't be a problem anymore as Al is no longer a ranger... after all he never used a spear (sword is more fun), doesn't really use a bow (he is a melee lover), not great with setting traps (never got the hang of it as a player), but he does have other skills that I have underrated so I will try to fit my vision of him into a different guild.

-Alamar

adanath
Champion

#22 Post by adanath » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:43 pm

I am confused you had a ranger a packmaster

who doesn't like using a bow
can't set traps

wants to be complete melee

ok..now everything is coming crystal clear.

Alamar
Master

#23 Post by Alamar » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:33 am

Well I didn't know it was a requirement when I started him out, and when I became a ranger my skills were well on their way so it was difficult to retrain him. I figured since the mud was classless that a strict adherence to any particular training regimen was optional (and it is). It's hard for old dogs to learn new tricks... so retraining is tough, but doable given lots of time.

-Alamar

Staltos
Professional

#24 Post by Staltos » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:24 am

This is why people are jealous of crusaders: Cause we're so kickass.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers."

-The Hospitaller, Kingdom of Heaven

Alamar
Master

#25 Post by Alamar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:24 am

Nice picture!

adanath
Champion

#26 Post by adanath » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:38 pm

At least if you don't like crusaders or get on their bad side within a couple days if you are a bad character you can randomly fully change your philosophies and everything and become satho or lilithan.

Alamar
Master

#27 Post by Alamar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:19 pm

Ok, I guess I asked for that since I said you are a power gamer. If you watched closely, however, ever since this particular character's death at the hands of Blizt a long time ago...

saysound changed
emotes changed
speaking style changed
attitude in general changed

Since he thought Tessa committed suicide

saysound changed again
lots of emotes changed
character description changed
roleplayed grief out (until it was discovered she was not dead)
Even went to Shalun and spoke about his grief

So I'll just get this out. You don't now what you are talking about Adanath, it was a gradual change, and subtle. The incident with Ezekeil and then the rest of the Crusaders was simply the culminating incident in a long chain of ROLEPLAYING that was going on. You may not realize it, but then... well... you weren't there so it stands to reason.

There were many formative events in Alamar's career and this change (which I am forbidden from mentioning on the boards) was motivated by IC reasons. Again, if you have questions of me the best way would be to mail me directly instead of trying to slander me on the boards. As we say around here.... you don't know me.

Have fun and don't forget to roleplay from time to time :lol:

-poAlamar

adanath
Champion

#28 Post by adanath » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:07 pm

I remember to roleplay all the time rather than from time to time. :)

Now if you assumed there was slanderous intent you should have looked for a name. I just simply made a statement. not my fault you feel it applied to you and felt you had to defend yourself. :)

Anyways I love to roleplay which is why it just gets me so when so many don't. Which is why I will mention things from time to time.

Plus I am still having trouble not smoking a cigarette throughout the day..damned nicotine.

Have fun.

Remeber to roleplay all the time.

Blizt
Hero

#29 Post by Blizt » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Well, peoples reasons behind their "roleplay" change about as much as their gods change (which in many cases, is 3 times a week).

If you change your god this much, after publically being such a devout and holy follower of one, I (personally) dont see much roleplay behind it. What I (personally, again) see is a bunch of OOC motivations to get even with a select group of people (possibly a guild) because you are upset with them for certain IC actions, that you were punished for (when you should have been attacked many more times for various other situations but someone apparently had pity on the person/people mentioned).

People will get confused with your Roleplay if its not very consistent and changes multiple times within a one week period, when they have no clue why you are doing things, and it makes no sense at all, and you place blame on them, on the forum. Then a week later, you list other events that lead up to it. (people should not have to justify their roleplay anyways, the reasons and motivations behind it should be obvious and apparent, but it may not always be, in some cases)

This could possibly be why statements like that are made.
It does not mean that its true of course, its just means that its possible (or probable from my point of view)

But this thread is to talk about how overpowered Crusaders are.
So lets bitch about their backstab that can a kill a character without any other attacks, even when the attacker is 4 deaths down..........oh wait, Crusaders cant backstab.

We could talk about their heavily guarded city that they run and hide inside of everytime they get attacked and it would take a decent sized team of them to enter, and the only way to access it, is to get permission from the Archbishop or the Lord Marshall.......wait thats not the Crusaders either......hmm

Yes, their lance! Its horrible! Its......hmm, almost very similar to a custom mithril spear.......bah
I give up.

Phyllis

#30 Post by Phyllis » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:50 pm

Crusaders get horseys with swords on their heads.

...I want a horsey with a sword on its head. Santa didn't get me one for Halloween. ._.

Alamar
Master

#31 Post by Alamar » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:37 pm

Adanath, your comment was very clearly directed at me. Your lawyer like way of making it seem vague is transparent to all who have been following the thread. I answered in kind.

Blizt, don't be ridiculous. <Edited by Drake> to compare him to Alamar is laughable. But then you have the gall to get on the board and then moan about how aweful it was that Al killed him... as Yoda would say: "Break me a f*cking give!"

I know that you and poAdanath know each other OOC and go have beers and stuff together, but that you would gang up on another player like this is pretty sad. Many of my complaints are perfectly reasonable. Some are not and they can (and are) answered by others on the board.

The difference between our characters is when I blow my top I might end up reacting IC in a way that you don't like. When you blow your top you react by killing or attacking others. After all... the reason Alamar left the Taniels is because he was attacked by <Edited by Drake> who has also "accidentally" attacked Alamar before.

But I rolled with it... I accepted the second "accident" from this exact same player and simply roleplayed with what I was handed. If my roleplay offends you... tough sh*t. You have managed to kill innocents, newbies, and allies in your time and I have killed only people when I have a good IC reason.

-Alamar (Proud to have been killed by his "allies" three times more often than by his "enemies"... and then get insulted by them for getting mad).

Edit by Drake: I will remind everyone right here and right now. No one, and I mean no one has any right whatsoever to discuss, tell, hint, suggest, or whatever else you want to call it about who plays who, or who are alt chars of what player. To do so is pretty much the lowest of the low as far as a mudder and role player can go.

Blizt
Hero

#32 Post by Blizt » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:48 pm

Hmm, should I remind you that you arent supposed to spread knowledge about peoples alts, especially on a public forum?

I was just replying to your constant complaints about how weak your melee tight wearing swordswielding ex ranger elf is, and pointed out how you can kill people (by pointing out certain advantages you have) It surely wont be standing in front of them trying to melee attack them though. Seeing as how you got so offended by it, when it was pointed out that can kill a player with one hit, I begin to wonder if you just post things to post things. If you scroll up a few posts, you will notice that you were complaining about how Malys killed you with one hit, but you do the same to others, and then get overly defensive about it, and start getting a horrible atttitude.

I dont see why you think we are ganging up on you. We both are just responding to your posts. If you would not like your posts responded to truthfully, say so in advance, please or Should we just agree with you and say "you are right, Alamar should be able to get away with everything he does, because he fights the Sathonites! (that was always his response to everything anyways) I know a few other people that think the same way, but dont post such things to avoid such responses by you.

As for Alamar getting attacked so many times, it boggles me why everyone IC and OOC have told you many times why you were attacked, and even alot of people (especially IC) say you deserve it. Whether you realize it or not (although you should, since we already had a discussion with a wizard and it was even pointed out to you then, multiple times) that Crusaders were always asking Blizt why Alamar wasnt on the enemy list or why cant they kill him. (There was many incidents in which people had to be ordered not to kill Alamar on sight)

As for your roleplay, no one is complaining it, I just simply pointed out that you are confusing people when you make such contradicting OOC statements about things. I (along with many others) are actually quite happy we have another nasty, foul villian to chase around and play games with.

Contrary to what you believe, we are not members of the Anti-Alamar campaign, nor are we participating in the conspiracy against him.
We just have much differant views on things than you, and when you wish to publically discuss such sensitive topics for yourself on the forum, you should be ready for others to also give their opinion, because not everyone will have the same opinion as you.

You should really stop getting so defensive and aggressive about things.
Its not a fun gaming enviorment.

rex
Veteran

#33 Post by rex » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 pm

I don't think this post is working out too well. It is quite obvious that everyone is just taking cheep shots at eachother and no progress is being made.

My opinion on the matter is Crsuaders are not overpowered in the least. (Read blizt's points on all our disadvantages), but are strong in numbers, which i believe had been said already.

poRex

adanath
Champion

#34 Post by adanath » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:48 am

It is a shame it resorts back to such accusations. I do remember quite a few newbie killing accusations a while back and all that jive. Pleasant enough no?

Blizt
Hero

#35 Post by Blizt » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:34 am

Yes, those accusations.

Alamar, would you please re-read that thread please. I dont think you fully understand the many statements made where it explains that Crusaders were not the ones killing newbies.

I believe you have caught "foot in the mouth" syndrome, once again.

Drake
Wizard

#36 Post by Drake » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:33 am

Ok thats it, this thread is closed.

About all I am going to say is grow up.

Drake
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.