Question about PK

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Blizt
Hero

Question about PK

#1 Post by Blizt » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 am

Is it allowed for a char to kill a char much smaller than him, for no reason at all, just because "they want to be evil".

When I ask about this, I mean, someone like a master elf backstabbing a little halfling for no roleplay reason at all. I am sure the excuse "because I want to be evil" is the only thing possible in this situation, considering at the time there was no reasoning or excuses behind it, and there was no provocation or even no conversation attempted at all. The elf simply walked in, saw the halfling, walked out, snuck in, backstabbed him and killed him with it.

I know these things happen, but it gets quite frustrating when you have done nothing to cause it all and there is no reason for it either.

Before bothering the playerach with such complaints, I would like to know if it is acceptable first.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#2 Post by Abharsair » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:53 am

If it was no newbie then it's legal. Scummy maybe, but legal (assuming the kill was not OOC motivated, but that's hard or even impossible to prove). Plus, it's not the job of the killer to prove that his kill was justified, it's the job of the victim and accuser to prove that there was foul play involved. If you think there was foul play and you can prove it, though, you should most definitely contact the Playerarch. If you can't prove it you can still take the appropriate IC measures, and it shouldn't be too hard to find enough people to gang up on the killer, because people who kill much weaker chars for no good reason aren't that popular.

Also, I would suggest to maybe talk to the killer first (if you haven't done so already), because his/her version of the story might sound a bit different.

Alamar
Master

#3 Post by Alamar » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 pm

There were good motivations for it. I hope to be contacted it via a private message or by a mudmail for an explanation if one is needed. As I was warned beforehand, I shall not disclose too many IC things on the boards.

yes there were IC motivations... and they are available upon request.

-Alamar

anglachel
Site Admin

#4 Post by anglachel » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:43 am

PK in all cases is normaly allowed, but there are three points that should not happend:

1) Killing newbies
2) Killing the same char severel times a day
3) Running through the mud and killing all that crosses your way.

The point two includes killing by diffrent people too. If you know that a char was killed two or three times short time before, you should be so fair to avoid PK in this case.

Alamar
Master

#5 Post by Alamar » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:23 am

Yeah, it was nothing like that. In fact it was Alamar who had been killed four times the day before... as far as I know the other character in question had not received a death for several weeks.

-Alamar

adanath
Champion

#6 Post by adanath » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:37 pm

Correction Alamar basically comitted suicide multiple times in one day. There is a difference.

Alamar
Master

#7 Post by Alamar » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:13 pm

I wasn't complaining, simply stating a fact. And there was only one suicide, the others were all legitimate deaths. I should know, I was there. :wink:

ryan
Apprentice

#8 Post by ryan » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:28 pm

And we could need a lot of more fair play, it would make it much more fun for everybody to play this MUD. Killing player B just because he is a friend of player A who pissed you off but you couldn't get or are not able to get A is no fun at all and a very poor excuse.