Favourite race

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

What is your favourite race?

Halfling
No votes
Tshahark
12%
Half-elf
4%
Human
35%
Elf
23%
Darkelf
8%
Dwarf
15%
No idea.
4%

Total votes: 26

Vargrahim
Master

Favourite race

#1 Post by Vargrahim » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:26 am

What is your favourite race to play? Motivations are welcome :)

vurdijak
Hero

human

#2 Post by vurdijak » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:46 pm

Human is my favorite. I do not have much experience with the other races though.

jezz
Hero

#3 Post by jezz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:43 pm

Mine is darkelf. Mainly because I hate blindness and I know their advantages and drawbacks.

Human is good because it has no drawbacks, but people have said for long humans learn skills faster and such, an afirmation I can't back up with my gaming experience.

The overall stats distribution of darkelves, plus their awesome dark-vision makes them for me the perfect race. Of course, human goes behind, but as I said, their lack of "known" bonuses makes me wonder why did I pick human as race when all I wanted to be when I started playing was a darkelf assasin.

And in the times I started playing you only could become darkelf thanks to a wiz :P Something I didn't know either...

Life was so full of surprises back then ^___^

Vargrahim
Master

#4 Post by Vargrahim » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:46 am

Having played the other races (except darkelf), I think human is my favourite too. Like Jezz said, humans have no drawbacks. They are well-balanced too, with mana/fatigue etc. Can do everything. The only drawback is that the "perfect" warrior/thief is probably a tshahark/halfling.

But for me, the biggest advantage is probably that it is much easier to RP. You have many more options and it is easier to relate to a human than some vague elven concept for example.

And btw Jezz.. there was a time when it was possible to create a darkelf in the character creation process.. ;)
"The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of the evil." - Albert Einstein

jezz
Hero

#5 Post by jezz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:15 am

Choosing darkelf as race even if it was not shown yeah, but that times Jezz used to die several times against boars at the marketplace 'coz he fought them with a broken bottle and naked so... :P

genesis
Wizard

#6 Post by genesis » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:58 pm

God! God is my favourite race to play :P
Or demigod.
Genesis the ideaSpawner

genesis
Wizard

#7 Post by genesis » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:48 pm

When it comes to actual gameplay, I think the human's best. They have an interesting history (created by Sathonys, free will by Evren) and they're 'in the middle' so to say. Asral being their patron currently even adds more to it. I like the setting we have, and wouldn't like it ruined with a goodie-goodie Tanielite moral code is the one and only. :P
Genesis the ideaSpawner

Delia
Overlord

#8 Post by Delia » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 am

I think humans are by far the most interesting race, and the easiest to relate to, of course :). All ideas that come to my mind are first naturally suited for human characters and need to be converted to an "alien-mindset"...that is, something that I don't necessarily have any clue about! Apart from that...elves rock too, mainly because of the godly mental stats ;), but its hard to think or be like an elf sometimes...
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Devi
Hero

#9 Post by Devi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Gameplaywise, I like elves. They're a very challenging and rewarding combat class. Fight different (tm)

Otherwise, I love tshaharks. Best rp, great history, always hilarious, lovable, and formidable. The vast majority of tshaharks are like fluffy wrecking balls. Who doesn't love fluffy wrecking balls?

Dwarves also provide brilliant rping oppurtunities.

With that said, I've only ever played halflings, humans, and elves. I suppose I'm afraid I'm going to ruin the others.

tarlon
Veteran

#10 Post by tarlon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:39 pm

For sure i am the one who voted for dwarves.
And i realy can`t understand why I am the only one yet. Dwarves are funny stuburn, sometimes impulsive, sometimes calm, they are always funny. Don`t need to shave that often and you can simply have fun with them.
For sure i have fun with my little inocent halfling as well. But is a very different way you have to handle him especialy combat is something i had to discover completly new
Olaf po Tarlon