Heraldry?

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Sairina
Hero

Heraldry?

#1 Post by Sairina » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:53 am

I have been wondering if there's any official heraldry in Geas, like Elvandar's colours that could be worn by a particularly partriotic elf? I think the coat of arms for Elvandar shows a silver tree and golden sun, doesn't it? Since the guards have white cloaks, maybe the shield would be white, too?

And for Arborea, it's a golden dragon - on what? black? red? Both, maybe, if the dragon is spitting fire?

No idea about Asador or the Underground altogether, but both should have a coat of arms, I guess... the villages probably don't need any.

Another thing is the colours and symbols of the gods, where I know or can guess some, but not all...

Taniel: silver arrow, probably on white
Gwen: golden heart, probably on red?
Sathonys: skull, probably on black, but what colour? Green?
Evren: Tree, probably green on brown?
Lilith: Red drop of fire, probably on black
Zakhrin: black and white disc, probably on grey
Asral: crossed axes, for the colours I've no idea, since I would associate black and red with him as well as Lilith, which is too ambiguous... any better ideas?

Vargrahim
Master

#2 Post by Vargrahim » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:57 am

The gods already have symbols you can get.. I think there is no help file for it, but you can ask a priest "symbol of faith" to receive such an item.

Sairina
Hero

#3 Post by Sairina » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:09 am

Yes, but those are just the symbols I can wear as jewelry - I've got the one for Asral, but I don't know all of them, since I can't get any of the others ;) And I was mainly wondering about colors that a cleric for example might wear on his robes.

Delmon
Champion

#4 Post by Delmon » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:52 pm

Asral is black
Taniel white
those two I know for sure

ganandorf
Overlord

#5 Post by ganandorf » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:38 pm

correction i THINK asral is red
and sathonys would be black i believe.

*throws a sheep at delmon*
Meow

Sairina
Hero

#6 Post by Sairina » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:03 am

That's one thing I have been wondering about - most Asralites wear black, but, obviously, so do Sathonites...
So I thought that maybe Asral might be black and red (for fire or blood)... but then Lilith is also associated with darkness and fire, which would be black and red as well, it seems.

aragog
Professional

#7 Post by aragog » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:12 am

Since we're talking about heraldry here, I guess it doesn't matter all that much what Sathonites or Asraelites wear ;)

The colours for Asador would be probably black and green. Maybe a black shield with a green skull on it.

poAragog
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Sairina
Hero

#8 Post by Sairina » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:27 am

Well, I wanted to include the colours and symbols of the gods as well as those of the cities, since I didn't want to open two threads with similar themes (and there's probably a connection anyway, since the cities are likely to use colours
in association with their alignment - Asador should definitely be black, while Elvandar shouldn't. Thinking of this, white indeed makes sense for Elvandar...