guards and being outlawed

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

jezz
Hero

#21 Post by jezz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:53 am

To Abh: The day Jezz asks for a hug from a tanielite Bavarians will grow hair in their teeth.

To Tessa: I think everyone is able to express his/her oppinion on this forum as long as it is an IC one. If poGanon thinks a judge outlaws some people too lightly, and doesn't try to force his opinion on you, I think it's ok.

To Ganon: Talking about what sathos did to you is a good reason for me to bring out again my "OOC to IC translation machine" and burn your elven ass for a perfectly invented reason next time I cross with you :D Now that we talk about it, sathos didn't kill you, but tortured you for nearly 2 hours and left your stump at the crossroads. Sadly for me, I didn't know stumps can roll around so fast and efficiently...

Abharsair
Site Admin

#22 Post by Abharsair » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:12 am

jezz wrote:To Abh: The day Jezz asks for a hug from a tanielite Bavarians will grow hair in their teeth.
Yo también te quiero, puto. :P

aragog
Professional

#23 Post by aragog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:11 am

Demasiado tarde ya.

:twisted:
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Vargrahim
Master

#24 Post by Vargrahim » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:45 am

ganandorf wrote: for example been killed 3 times by vurg (sorry to pick on you). once was a legitimate kill, 2nd time was accidental, 3rd time i could tell he just plain enjoyed it.
Hmm.. Allow me to defend myself, then.

I do not think the comparison is really good, because the Crusaders have a very simple rulebook which sathos don't have: if evil, then kill. Sathos are much more free in terms of responsibility and lawfulness. One of the great benefits of being evil is that you can do much as you like. Apart from that, I do not know much about the sathos.. they never wanted to stick around so long. If they really didn't punish Ganon for betraying them.. fine, it's up to them.

And, Ganon managed to over-feed Varg with reasons to do it. Amongst other things, he openly announced that he is evil, deliberately let Varg kill him in order to bring a court case against him.. then also in a situation where Varg stopped hunting Ganon from a previous fight, Ganon comes in and accidently attacks Varg which leads to his death (again where Ganon bragged about being evil in front of a Crusader and was on the Crusader enemy list). This was the third death, and an unfortunate one, which I disliked doing. However, don't blame me for putting you in that situation, you managed well yourself.

Another aspect is that Ganon showed no fear to Varg which is for me a perfect OOC reason to kill Ganon. I just don't accept that you know that I can kill you at the spot, have reasons to do it and you do not care about it or even try to defend your life. If you simply ignore RP with me, let me "ignore" RP back at you.

I can agree that stunning Ganon and perhaps burning him would perhaps have been a more approriate measure, but then again, I'm slowly getting tired of the "I don't feel pain"/"but I will be resurrected"/"I don't fear death"/"[insert your favourite reason here]". I guess this is what somehow makes me feel much less bad.

I have played with characters who _weren't_ heroes.. and they have been given a much more remorceful treatment. These sessions were some of the most enjoyable I had (both for the ego and the content), and this was also something that the captured person expressed to me in OOC. I try to treat people as they treat me. "Give respect to get respect" is something that clings nicely, and probably saved a few of those from being killed.

And considering the actual topic of this thread, it's hard not to think you take death too easily or even ignore it...
"The economic anarchy of capitalist society as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of the evil." - Albert Einstein

ganandorf
Overlord

#25 Post by ganandorf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:57 pm

no offense but so now saying "i am trying to work on my bad karma" officially makes me openly admit im evil. i thought thats what crusaders wanted to see :'(

and i guess of course you are right vurg definitely gonna work on that one.

and with that stuff sparked by me, lets return to the topic

*moves out of the spotlight*

ToJezz: its okay as my stump was rolling north into elvandar the stupid crusader archers got me at which point i was also looted :D it worked out for the best you see
Meow

Abharsair
Site Admin

#26 Post by Abharsair » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:08 pm

I would say let's refrain from criticizing each other's game play, and either return to the issue at hand, or deal with it IC within the game. Who killed who when and why is not really a topic for the forum.

aragog
Professional

#27 Post by aragog » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:24 pm

Going back to the initial topic of this thread here. What's wizard's opinion about delaying the patrols attack for a few seconds or invent a possibility that the player can leave if he/she ran accidently into the patrol?

Some people don't choose outlawship but _are_ outlawed by the judge for whatever the reason might be. Still they don't intend to fight the patrol or Elvandar at all but try to 'get back to the good side' as Ganon said earlier.

poAragog
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#28 Post by Abharsair » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:37 pm

The elves yell "leave or die" because Ganon is an offender. They attack because he is an outlaw. That's why the messages are a bit off. It probably doesn't check whether he's an outlaw before they shout that he should leave. Nevertheless, that's just a cosmetic problem, not a real one.

And no, it doesn't matter whether someone choses to fight Elvandar, its citizens, its guards or whatever else, or if he is "just" outlawed by the judge. If people are unhappy with the way a judge does his job, get someone else elected. Until then, what the judge says and does is the law (with the exception of actions which would be completely against the spirit of an area). Therefore, since there is an IC way to get rid of a judge, and since there is an IC way to get pardoned, and since there is a way to avoid most of the dangerous areas, I see no reason to make life for a wanted criminal easier.

ganandorf
Overlord

#29 Post by ganandorf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:20 pm

all i wanted to know was if the guards were actually supposed to let you "leave or die!". and that clears it up for me so its all good now.

thank you
Meow