deadly critical hits happen to often

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Crits happen to often ???

Yes i agree
39%
No i don`t agree
61%

Total votes: 28

gen
Experienced

#21 Post by gen » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:15 pm

Gen isn`t involved in many player fights. But he managed to criticaly hit yegerfin when he was a few days old. I think he is much more skilled than gen. Even now. (he made him hobble). Gen managed to finish Ralph with a throat cut (leap attack) i was still fairly young at that moment( not sure about ralph don`t know if he is skilled or not). I remember even critting rex once. and in the other fights i fought against players i made at least one fumble like lying on the ground and droping my weapon.... ;-). So i still think critical hits happen often even against players. Perhaps it was just good luck.

nogem
Journeyman

#22 Post by nogem » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Well, I have to give you that Gen. There does seem to be a LOT of beginners luck in GEAS.
You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

Delia
Overlord

#23 Post by Delia » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:08 am

If there were such a thing as an advanced players luck too!
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ramandu
Professional

#24 Post by ramandu » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:53 pm

Maybe I have been watching too many Disney films with my kiddo, but deadly crits delivered by an unexperienced adventurer to a an near immortal are the the stuff of legend! Price Eric's triumph over the sea witch (she loves the Ltiitle Mermaid), and coutless other wonderous battles both disney and non-disney from The Hobbit and the Rings trilogy, to the Chronicles of Narnia, to Star Wars, to most every legend that deals with the quest of the hero. I like the idea of a halfling standing up to a giant and having a chance (albiet small) off critting him. As far as in game play is concerned, I agree with poNogem, if you want to fight toe-to-toe with someone like Nogem or Ram, you have a high likelyhood of getting your head split, but with the hide-poke-sneak method . . . Ram gets tired easily and bleeds like a stuffed pig.

chara
Wizard

#25 Post by chara » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:17 am

I agree, Ramandu! And don't overlook David and Goliath as well :)

gen
Experienced

#26 Post by gen » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:36 pm

chara wrote:I agree, Ramandu! And don't overlook David and Goliath as well :)
Perhaps i should buy a sling and challange Korsario

Abharsair
Site Admin

#27 Post by Abharsair » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:03 pm

gen wrote:
chara wrote:I agree, Ramandu! And don't overlook David and Goliath as well :)
Perhaps i should buy a sling and challange Korsario
You have to aim at a vital body part, though, so the head is out of the question... ;)

Delmon
Champion

#28 Post by Delmon » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:06 pm

You have to aim at a vital body part, though, so the head is out of the question...

oooooo....

Abharsair....

hsparks
Journeyman

#29 Post by hsparks » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:17 am

nogem wrote: I think most players are familiar with the fact my character is basically the last heavily armoured freak walking around the game.

Don't feel too bad. I do my best to wear my platemail when I don't think it'll get stolen off my back. Otherwise I hop around in leather and poke people with my spear. If I had my choice though I'd be in platemail all the time. It is pretty fun...
"If there truly is an evil in this world, it lies within the hearts of mankind."