What do you do with your free time?

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

chath
Experienced

What do you do with your free time?

#1 Post by chath » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:43 pm

Serously do you guys have any? if you do what do you do?

chath
Experienced

ok

#2 Post by chath » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:45 pm

i like to work on computers skateboard in the summer snowboard in the winter... do stupid things out the the anarchist cookbook... i swim sometimes, hang out with my friends, play battlefield 2 untill i get sick of it, i also have a playstation and xbox and gamecube if i get bored with any of the previous things, then theres play geas of course, and beat up my brother cant forget that.

valder
Professional

#3 Post by valder » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Lately my free time has been going towards planning my wedding (next Saturday!!!), but normally I would read, go to movies with friends, or fight with foam-padded swords. Mind you, I'm not a LARPer. I fight with Belegarth, which is more of a combat sport than an RPG.

But mostly I read. :)
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

chath
Experienced

#4 Post by chath » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:53 pm

Nice... that belegarth stuff is pretty neat never would havee thought they have a whole society of people that do that

valder
Professional

#5 Post by valder » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:32 pm

Foamfighting is really a surprisingly big subculture. Belegarth has somewhere in the area of 1000-1500 people nationwide, mostly in the midwest. The group we split off from, Dagorhir, has as many or more members, mostly in the northeast. The two biggest events each year, Belegarth's Armageddon, and Dagorhir's Ragnarok, are both week-long events with hundreds of warriors on the field every day.

Then there are all of the Live Action Role-Playing groups, like NERO and SOLAR, Darkon, and venerable old Amtgard, which is huge in Texas. Bel & Dag are mostly about the fighting, while the others are usually lighter combat, with more emphasis on roleplay.

They're all fun, though. I think anyone who's interested in fantasy should give it a try, in whatever group is closest to you. I hear from some of the professional foam weapon dealers that there's some kind of latex foam combat rapidly gaining momentum in Germany! Maybe it's all the castles littering that country, but reportedly those guys have got the medieval look down perfect. Even the weapons look real.
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

Abharsair
Site Admin

#6 Post by Abharsair » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:29 am

valder wrote:I hear from some of the professional foam weapon dealers that there's some kind of latex foam combat rapidly gaining momentum in Germany! Maybe it's all the castles littering that country, but reportedly those guys have got the medieval look down perfect. Even the weapons look real.
We sure got plenty of castles. Well, mostly ruins now (thanks to the Swedish ;)). But I can't say that clobbering each other with foam weapons is a widely spread hobby here, even though it sounds awfully tempting.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Drake
Wizard

Well

#7 Post by Drake » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:09 am

Well here we got beaches, sand, heat, fresh air, green things growing out back.... and I hate it all!

Well, I go diving occasionally for fresh shellfish though I hate doing so without a buddy along.

And well, the bush, since snakes and I seem to be attracted to one another, and they seemt to get rather frisky and bitie when trodden on, I tend to avoid it unless I'm driving in a friends car, which I'll drive through the bush and beat up cause it ain't mine.

Fresh air, well I do my best to kill that with a cigi, but it still manages to get in dammit.

And don't get me onto the sand, damn stuff goes everywhere.... and I _mean_ everywhere.

Oh, and foam is like bad for the environemt or some such now, so the government forces us to throw beer bottles at eachother instead.

And to be serious, I read, dive rarely these days, work too often, and try to forget life as much as possible.
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.

tannorath
Experienced

#8 Post by tannorath » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:57 am

Well, lets see:

I work from 8:00 to 17:00 (if i can wake up :) ), then if its nice outside i go for a swim in the sea. I do budo taijutsu training 2 times a week. I try to go out as much as i can, usually in weekends i and up in some disco till 4-5 am...

No girlfriend here, just broke up 2 months ago, so i am still gathering the peaces :) ...

Thats pretty much all, unfortunatelly, this program only gives me a few hours in the weekends to play Geas ;( ... let me put it this way: if you would have to choose of staying at home and playing Geas, and see beautiful, almoust naked girls on the beach, What would you do ? :twisted:

stilgar
Champion

#9 Post by stilgar » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:31 am

Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

dazarsei

#10 Post by dazarsei » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:41 pm

Muay Thai(started earlier today), fencing, hanging out with friends, studying, swimming, and playing on the computer.

Kortha
Master

#11 Post by Kortha » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Can I play with your lightsaber? :D
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.