Questions regarding religious changes

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

tessa
Overlord

#21 Post by tessa » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 am

I think what happened was Delmon finally got just barely enough faith in Lilith to convert, and then turned around and lost it again shortly thereafter due to some reason or another (like killing goblinoids).

As for him converting without messages.. it might have been due to him logging out as the conversion started, or something, with it finishing while he was offline.

Olrane
Champion

#22 Post by Olrane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 am

*misses the Lilith days*

tessa
Overlord

#23 Post by tessa » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:53 am

Yes, they were quite fun. ;)

Delmon
Champion

#24 Post by Delmon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 pm

I am not absolutely sure about this, but you seem to think that the Wrath of God effect is a permanent statloss...If I'm correct, it's about equivalent to a death, and your stats do recover
I know about the wrath. I know it recovers, and I know it's going to take a long time to, probably 2 days online at a slightly bad time with less npcs to kill. Just because it's not permanent doesn't mean it's not a big pain for something I tried to prevent. Someone suggested turning Delmon to another god. I'm not going to because it's "too hard" for me to be a lilith. That's absolutely rediculous and against all roleplaying. Unknown to you obviously, there were specific reasons for changing to lilith.
I think what happened was Delmon finally got just barely enough faith in Lilith to convert, and then turned around and lost it again shortly thereafter due to some reason or another (like killing goblinoids).
Delmon was coerced by the necklace and then suddenly turned to no god with wrath of lilith BECAUSE of low favour to begin with. Once I realized I was changing, I stopped killing goblinoids and began gaining favour, but it was too late to do anything.

Let's also talk about sacrificing. It takes around 20 mins like I said to go through the process of gaining a little favour. When you drink blood you are confused and attack anything, and it's hard to run away(and move anywhere). I just meditated for 20 mins. I did this about 3 times...
but still I turned to no god. Perhaps if someone is turning to no god or converting, if they do something to try and stop it, the change would be halted for a little bit. In my case, I could have gained favour in and there could have been no discussion.

For anyone wanting to learn something from my mistakes: If you need to be a Lilithian, gain favour BEFORE wearing the amulet, if you want to wear the amulet.
Last edited by Delmon on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chara
Wizard

#25 Post by chara » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:00 pm

In general, a public board isn't the best place to talk about your specific situation. But yes, it makes good sense to build up favor with a god or goddess before converting to their worship. ;)

Olrane
Champion

#26 Post by Olrane » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Whoa, Delmon. Never meant to offend, and I think I stated specifically that I didn't know exactly your situation.

I was agreeing with you for the most part. I don't think that the amulet is fair considering the new system. I think it should be changed so that it is more streamlined. I understand how difficult it is to sacrifice to Lilith - I have played a Lilithian before. Don't be so quick to jump down someone's throat. I only said the stuff about the Wrath of God because you seemed overly fixated on it.

Peace,
poOlrane