Geas economy

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

Grindel
Veteran

#21 Post by Grindel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:57 am

Summarized there seems to be a need to

a) adjust prices so that a glass of milk does not cost more than a set of armour.

b) recalculate the income of different trades, while not leaving newbies stranded.

Maybe we should start a wiki page to collect ideas.

vurdijak
Hero

mining

#22 Post by vurdijak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:19 pm

If finding gems and ores is modified, I would argue that it would be better to limit the finding of expensive ores and gems, but not less expensive. A beginning miner has trouble enough finding a gem to cut, as is.

Devi
Hero

#23 Post by Devi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:40 pm

On that note, it's kind of a pain selling a dozen or more of a certain type of armour, and only getting like 1 bronze coin for everything because there's already at least 1 item of that type in stock.
I think that this is a problem too. I can think of three ways to fix this:

1. more weapon/armour shops.
2. higher limit for shops buying weapons/armour
3. alternative ways to sell weapons/armour

Method 3 might involve a blacksmith who would buy old weapons and armour as scrap metal. Think of it as scalps but with swords and axes instead. Bigger weapons get more money. Heavier weapons are harder to haul back, so it's balanced. There could even be a chart to make it competitive.

I'd also like to see weapons and armours disappear with the corpses of npcs. So, when an npc corpse decays, his weapons and all decay too (part of the corpse!). Right now, some npcs will pick up everything their fallen comrades left behind, but it can be really distracting and a little spammy, and sometimes they don't get everything, making it so that there are a few boots or gauntlets on the ground for a very long time.

rafael
Professional

#24 Post by rafael » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:03 pm

I would vote for adding someone who would pay for the low quality stuff (monster crafted armorus / weapons, etc) and banged up weapons to use them solely for the materials they can get from them. They would pay less than selling the item, but they would take all they can afford. Once the raw materials are extracted they could even sell them, it could even be a craftsman guild. A scavenger, grave and battlefield looter, sort of profession. Bottles for crystal, surely rare, too , it could be reused for windows and so on. Scraps of leather from armours, and bits of metal could be smelted from weapons and armour. It's never made much sense to me that a weaponshop would buy all that crap. I appreciated the fact that in Geas it was more or less left lying around instead of being the number one source of income for players, as can happen in other games. This solution is the one I tend to the most. It might also be a source of materials (of varying quality) for those who are not craftsmen.

anglachel
Site Admin

#25 Post by anglachel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 am

The price-formula for the shops was a bit changed, so that after the next reboot the price don't descrease so much then there some items of the same type in the shop.
Bying low quality stuff after weight would be possible solution.