Custom Made Items

If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

triska
Veteran

Custom Made Items

#1 Post by triska » Wed May 21, 2008 12:52 pm

As a new player this is all a learning curb for me. However I will say I find it very disappointing to pay heavy coinage for an item that is the same armourstats as a regular shop item and doesnt even have the same benefits.

A pair of fleece lined boots cost 1 sc 2 bc 1 cc and gives armour stats of 4
and has two knife sheaths one one each boot.

A pair of custom made boots cost 18 gold and gives the same armour stats of 4 and doesnt even have sheaths.

They are much lighter and less volume which is the only good thing.

Is there any way to find out what armourstat a custom item would give before going to the expense of buying minerals and paying lots of gold to find they are not as good as cheap shop bought?
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!

Delia
Overlord

#2 Post by Delia » Wed May 21, 2008 1:49 pm

You could always ask the custom eq wizard beforehand or something...don't know if that is preferable or not though. But generally leather is always leather and doesn't change much from that, unless it is guild stuff. Then again, paying for superior quality could justify nominally better armourstats(didn't know about the weight/volume, nice) and the sheathes one might get if the custom eq wiz was approached in a proper manner. On the flip-side though, a piece of custom leather cost around 25 gold? If there was a source for light armours which were easier to wear and protected more, even if they cost more than the 25 gold, there would be a flood of them in the game. Not saying this or that if that is bad or not, just thinking aloud so to speak.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra