If it's no bug or an idea, but it's still MUD-related, it goes here.

Moderator: Wizards

triska
Veteran

#1 Post by triska » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 pm

I understand why a reputation would go down and not be accepted by the citizens when asking a question like 'People' and I understand there will be changes with services given for good /bad reputation but I do not grasp the following :
I was talking to 3 people at the crossroads or near there I was not teamed with any of them , seems that when I got back to Arborea I had my reputation ruined and was told it was because Naga was banned from Arborea and yet I had been talking to him so it had ruined my reputation.

The reason for talking to him was actually in an endeavor to sort out his relationship with the new Judge and yet because I was trying in my way to help my city my reputation got ruined
I found an elven ghost in the Nibblers , the nibbler still fighting his ghost.
I killed the nibbler and offered the ghost help to take his belongings to his chosen place or if he was not sure to help in that respect. After waiting sometime the ghost obviously was either link dead idle or whatever but a friend came along we sat talked a little while before teaming and went and cleared out the rest of the nibblers.

I now find my reputation seriously damaged again and am struggling to get it put right with coins etc...

Neither times was I teamed with anyone that could have damaged my reputation but it seems really unfair that it gets damaged by being in the same room as someone else even if I am trying to roleplay a heated debate for the good of my city. It seems particularly unfair that helping someone that is in ghost form and idle completely wrecked my reputation.

Now before you all jump on me saying this and that I am just stating I do not like it that someone could be invisible and stand in the room with you knowing they will ruin your reputation by their action. And yes my good aura will maybe affect his bad one but he can run and back stab a few good people to get his back how he wants I dont have that option.

Also is this not going to make people like me say well sorry about your luck ghost you could be a new person created today who had bad luck but you may not be so I will just avoid sticking around and helping you just incase you ruin my good reputation.
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!

Abharsair
Site Admin

Re: Reputation

#2 Post by Abharsair » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:44 pm

Your reputation isn't affected by newbies, dead people (ghosts), and helpless people. It works the other way around as well. If you're a newbie, a ghost or helpless, your reputation won't be affected as well. Additionally to that, if someone is not visible to you, he/she won't ruin your reputation either.

Now in the case of you talking to Naga, well, if he has in fact a terrible reputation in Arborea, and you are seen on Arborea territory with him, your reputation should and will suffer after a certain grace period (a couple of minutes). If you do not want that to happen, you can always go to a remote place away from Arborea (e.g. west of the Ironhold bridge).
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

triska
Veteran

#3 Post by triska » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Ok that explains with naga , but I have not teamed with anyone or been around anyone else the whole of today that could have affected my reputation other than this unknown ghost. The person I teamed with is a person that has a good reputation in the city so the short time I was in his company would not have done it . I havent seen him to ask if he also is affected by being in the same room with the ghost.

The incident with Naga was a few days ago and had been rectifeded.
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!

Abharsair
Site Admin

#4 Post by Abharsair » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:05 pm

Whatever it was, it most certainly was not the ghost in the nibbler hut, because he doesn't even have a bad reputation in Arborea (assuming we are talking about the same idle ghost there).